Saturday, June 19, 2010

Leave My Dreams


I wake up in a pool of sweat. I've just dreamt about you again. The fact that my dreams aren't a reality is going through my head. They say dreams can come true but when it comes to you, my dreams are a vivid memory, a hope of something using faith. This can never be real. My dreams seem to consume me and once I awake, I can't get back to sleep again. You've been stuck in my mind and you won't escape. You are like a ghost haunting me. Sleepless nights and endless thoughts are filling up my bedroom. I look for an escape door but there isn't one. I don't run anymore, I simply take it as it comes. Laying here in a pool of sweat, trying to get back to sleep. Leave my dreams if you please, you aren't welcome here anymore. There's no way I want you here. Say goodbye so I can dream sweet about meadows and dragonflies and bubbles and fairies. My dreams belong to me and I want my dreams back. Release what is truly mine so I can rest sweet.


Written by Jeska Brewster on 16.6.2010 (c)

No comments:

Post a Comment