Thursday, January 6, 2011

On A Rainy Day


The rain sounds beautiful and the air is the perfect amount of cold.
I lay inside, curled up on the sofa with a book in my hand. Hot chocolate here we come!
Tears roll down my face as the story I have immersed myself in, touches my heart.
Book, you have tugged at my heartstrings.
I look out the window and see droplets of water fall from the sky and create puddles on the ground. You wouldn't believe that it's summer right now.
Soft music plays in the background but I feel like closing my eyes and listening to the rain hit the roof instead. It's like the heaven has created bliss here on earth, and I get to be a part of it.
I'm not sure if you have ever noticed, but when the teardrops of the skies fall onto leaves, they glisten. There is something magical about it.
I wish I had a pair of gumboots so I could take myself back to being a child, and jump in the puddles. A childhood memory that brings a smile to my face.
Parts of me wants to jump into a ballgown and stand out in the middle of a park, twirling in cirles and letting the rain drench me. For no reason at all, but to seem a little crazy.
I am sure that if you stared at me through a window on a day like today, there would be a warm feeling inside of you for seeing how content I am.
The simple things in life satisfy me.
On a rainy day, I am inspired. The rain brings something out in me that you only get to see in weather such as this.



Written by Jeska Brewster on 6.1.2011 (c)

No comments:

Post a Comment