Thursday, December 30, 2010

This Year Gone...

As the end of the year approaches, its time for some reflection.
I've learnt a lot from not only others, but from myself too.

There have been tears and laughter, illness and health.
There have been joys and sorrow, hardship and wealth.
There have been lessons learnt and mistakes that were made.
There have been rules that were broken, but also obeyed.
There have been children that were born, and friend's that I've lost.
There have been friendships made, and some brief paths that crossed.
There have been promises made and some that were broken.
There have been moments of silence and words gone unspoken.

As the end of the year approaches, its time for some reflection.
I've learnt a lot from not only others, but from myself too.

Next year year will be better than the last but not as good as the next.
Written by Jeska Brewster on 30.12.2010 (c)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful poem Jes, this is my favourite by far. Vuong xox

    ReplyDelete