Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Change

You say I've changed, but I don't even know the person I am looking at anymore. Those sparkly eyes have turned into wool which has fallen over my eyes. That embrace you once gave has formed into a rope which is restricting me from free movement. Those words which once sweet as candy have created a bitter taste in my mouth. Your innocent face isn't beautiful anymore, it's a deceitful mask which now haunts my dreams.

There's no denying I'm a sucker for punishment. I let you become all of things right in front of me, I let you fool me when I never suspected it could happen.

I allowed myself to let you see parts of me in which not even I like, but am working on changing. Yet, you never gave me a chance to take you for a ride on my magic carpet. It's a ride that could have taken us to new levels, new heights, new places and on top of a wonderful mountain.

Because of the change you see in me, a chance is lost in translation. Because of of the change in atmosphere, our potential magic ends. Because of the change I see in you, I realise sometimes magic carpet rides are best sometimes left for those who deserve them. Saved for someone who doesn't judge or forget about the magic and beauty in acceptance.

At the end of the end of the day, it's all in the eye and the heart of the beholder.


Written by Jeska Brewster on 11.3.2010 (c)

No comments:

Post a Comment