Wednesday, March 17, 2010

If Tomorrow Never Comes


So what happens if tomorrow never comes?

Have I said my last goodbye?

Have I kissed you so passionately for the last time?

Have I held you in my arms and felt the world just melt away?

Have I spoken of dreams I once had and how you fit into them so perfectly?

Have I dreamt of being a bird, flying high and free?

Have I eaten the most delicious meal and tasted the most vintage of wines?

Have I expressed my thoughts freely enough, speaking of love, lust and passion?

Have I been a good enough person to reach wherever it is you go when there is no more tomorrow?
Have I told you that I've realised that if tomorrow never came, I would never see your gorgeous face again?
Have I done enough good in this world to leave my imprint in history?

Have I done enough to make sure I have told everybody how much they mean to me, and grateful I am for having them in my life?

Have I embraced my tomorrows as though they will be my last?
Have I made sure I have no regrets or unfinished business?

Have I made you realise that one day...my tomorrow will never come?


I need to make the most of today to ensure that if tomorrow never comes, I will be floating free.


Tomorrow - what a gorgeous thing to look forward to!


Written by Jeska Brewster on 10.3.2010 (c)

No comments:

Post a Comment