Monday, March 1, 2010

Rain Love


I lay in my bed listening to the rain falling on my roof. Such a brilliant sound - one that relaxes me. I'm reminded of a time when nothing else mattered and we were standing outside, kissing in the rain. Your lips were moist and droplets were falling from our face. We had wet hair and damp skin, but never had we looked so amazing. All I could sense was love in the air and energy that would have made anyone envious.

We called it our Rain Love.

I lay in my bed listening to the rain with the blanket wrapped around me. I'm reminded of a time when you gave me your coat in the rain to keep me warm and make me feel protected - which I did. A the rain came down, we stood under a tree staring into each others eyes. Our sweet embrace was a moment I shall never forget.

We called it our Rain Love.

I lay in my bed listening to the rain, every drop is a memory of what we once shared. I'm reminded of a time when we made sweet love in the rain and our bodies connected as one. every nerve inside of me tingled and we made love for what seemed like a lifetime.

We called it our Rain Love.

I lay in my bed listening to the rain and I'm reminded of the time you pushed me out of the way, so the car wouldn't hit me. I'm reminded of the sound of screeching and my scream as the car crushed into the only person I would ever want to make Rain Love with. The only person I really knew, and who knew me in return. I'm reminded of a time when there were flashing lights and your body was being covered by a white sheet. I'm reminded of a time when the rain inside of me stopped and the tears were falling down my face uncontrollably.

We called it our Rain Love.

I lay in my bed and the rain has stopped, but as I lay here alone, my memory of our Rain Love remains and my love you will never die. Forever I will continue to yearn what we once called our Rain Love.


Written by Jeska Brewster on 1/3/2010. (c)

1 comment:

  1. i cried though you know me i will never tell. thank you. x

    ReplyDelete