Friday, January 22, 2010

For As Long...

Electric lights, pretty sights, loud noises. People everywhere. But across the room I only see you.

The world stands still, if only for a moment, while I take a glimpse into your soul. From your eyes I see such truth.

I feel safe and warm. I feel like I'm home. I feel as though I belong.

I choke on the words, they wont come out. You smile and tell me it's ok, never did I doubt that it wasnt.
How did you become so perfect? I cannot see one flaw. I don't even try to look for one anymore.

The room is still moving. The people are still talking. But I feel like we have our own space, our own time, our own sanctuary.

I feel at ease, no pressure. You take my hand, it's like an unspoken understanding.

You stroke my cheek, it sends tingles down my spine. You've asked me to be yours. Without needing to become too deep, without needing time to think, I take your body with my arms and say - "I'm yours for as long as you want me."



Written by Jeska Brewster 5.3.2008 (c)

No comments:

Post a Comment