Saturday, January 23, 2010

Those Things You Do

It's cold - you fetch me a blanket
I'm hungry - you make me something to eat
It's raining - you let me share your umbrella

I ache - you massage my feet
I'm ugly - You say I'm beautiful
I'm tired - You let me sleep
I'm unhealthy - You take me to the doctors
I'm crying - On your shoulder you let me weep
I'm lonely - You hold me tight
I'm lost - You show me the way

I'm grumpy - You let me whinge

I'm opinionated - You let me have my say

Why? I begin to ask. Why are you so sweet?

Stop being so good to me or I'll never find my feet!


I love the person you are
I love what you do for me

But I should do it my own

I need for you to fly free

I'll only drag you down

And I know one day you'll fly

You can't do it if you're my saviour
But please still remain here by my side


Lastly...thank you. Thank you for everything!



Written by Jeska Brewster on 12.8.2008 (c)

No comments:

Post a Comment