Monday, January 18, 2010

Down On My Knees

There's so much I want to say
But not a lot of time

You're walking out the door now

I still don't understand why


I'm choking on my words
Tears stream down my face

You tell me not to cry

I feel like a disgrace

I'm begging you to stay

Look like a fool down on my knees
You continue to walk away

You're impossible to please

My heart shatters slowly

You've just seen me fall apart

I feel so weak and worthless

There's a dagger in my heart


So I guess that this is it

How will I move on?
I've gotta do it all alone now

Seems impossible to be strong


You tell me time will pass

But I know my hurt wont fade

You get into your car

You quickly drive away


It's as though you never cared

Or ever planned to stay

The easy option was too appealing

That's why you went away


I'm going back to bed now

I'll cry myself to sleep

Just know I'll always love you

In my heart you'll always keep


Written by Jeska Brewster on 17/06/2008 (c)

No comments:

Post a Comment