Monday, January 18, 2010

Kissed Yesterday Goodbye

Staring out the window
Looks awfully cold outside

The tears of heaven fall

With the ground the wet collides.

Birds begin to fly

Safely to their home

Huddled near the fire

I quietly lay alone.

The earth shakes beneath me

Or so apparently it seems

Caught up in a memory

Or maybe it's just my dreams.

Feel the rush of of emotion

The aniticipation inside grows

Why the urge feels like this

Only God above seems to know.












Slowly rising to my feet

My
toes suddenly turn numb
The butterflies within me leave

The hurt my heart's overcome.

For no apparent reason

I finally float away

Kissed goodbye are all emotions
That were inside m
e yesterday.
I've allowed myself to breathe again
I've finally let go

The rain outside has finished now

The sun in my heart can show.



Written by Jeska Brewster on 5/8/2008 (c)

No comments:

Post a Comment